You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I update my game without updating payment information

Updating games why do I need payment information is there a way to do it within that information

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 8:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 8:51 AM

Amberlengling14 wrote:

Updating games why do I need payment information is there a way to do it within that information

Apple expects valid payment information, and requires valid information when there are purchases and subscriptions.

It is possible to have a no-payment Apple ID, if there are no subscriptions and no outstanding debts owed Apple.

Gift Cards can be used to pay for purchases, though not AFAIK for subscriptions, and any available Apple ID balance will be used before a payment card is charged.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

If you can't remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2022 8:51 AM in response to Amberlengling14

Amberlengling14 wrote:

Apple expects valid payment information, and requires valid information when there are purchases and subscriptions.

It is possible to have a no-payment Apple ID, if there are no subscriptions and no outstanding debts owed Apple.

Gift Cards can be used to pay for purchases, though not AFAIK for subscriptions, and any available Apple ID balance will be used before a payment card is charged.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

If you can't remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

Why can’t I update my game without updating payment information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.