You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil 2 Idle Battery Drain

Hi all,

Can anyone share how long the battery on an Apple Pencil Gen 2 on idle (i.e. not used) should last after a full charge with an iPad Pro?

I am currently finding that mine runs flat somewhere between 48-72 hours, which is a far cry from my Apple Pencil Gen 1 which used to last a lot longer when idle...

Thanks!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 4:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 4:49 PM

If the Pencil is completely motionless and undisturbed while detached from the iPad, your Pencil should typically retain some level of charge for a week or more.

However, everytime that the Pencil’s accelerometer detects any disturbance or movement, the Bluetooth Radio and other electronics will be active for many seconds - shortening the idle autonomy.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2022 4:49 PM in response to adrian-polglase

If the Pencil is completely motionless and undisturbed while detached from the iPad, your Pencil should typically retain some level of charge for a week or more.

However, everytime that the Pencil’s accelerometer detects any disturbance or movement, the Bluetooth Radio and other electronics will be active for many seconds - shortening the idle autonomy.

Apple Pencil 2 Idle Battery Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.