You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up windows on MacBook pro

A couple of weeks ago, I started getting pop windows while navigating various websites. These are not ads. They are condensed versions of the website that I am viewing. In many cases they prevent me from selecting options. I cannot stop them by going to safari and preferences. The only thing different I have done is add windows to my MacBook Pro about two weeks ago.

George

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 11:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 6:03 PM

John,

Thank you for replying. I think I figured this out. I looks to me that the window that is coming on my screen is a reader and not a pop up window. I had no idea. I went to the preferences and saw that settings for Automatic Reader is on for all my websites. I have no idea how this happened. I turned the reader off and "poof" no more windows.

Thank you

George

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 24, 2022 6:03 PM in response to John Galt

John,

Thank you for replying. I think I figured this out. I looks to me that the window that is coming on my screen is a reader and not a pop up window. I had no idea. I went to the preferences and saw that settings for Automatic Reader is on for all my websites. I have no idea how this happened. I turned the reader off and "poof" no more windows.

Thank you

George

Pop up windows on MacBook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.