You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

since upgrading to Monterey 12.5.1, Safari keeps crashing within minutes of opening. I have cleaned all of the Safari cache and re-started several times, but the issue persists.

since upgrading to Monterey 12.5.1, Safari keeps crashing within minutes of opening. I have cleaned all of the Safari cache and re-started several times, but the issue persists. HELP!

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 12:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 9:01 AM

PSC2020 wrote:

since upgrading to Monterey 12.5.1, Safari keeps crashing within minutes of opening. I have cleaned all of the Safari cache and re-started several times, but the issue persists. HELP!

Hold the Shift key down when you launch the Safari.app and compare your results.

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

all known to cause issues on the macOS

if no insight or resolve:

—try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2022 9:01 AM in response to PSC2020

PSC2020 wrote:

Hold the Shift key down when you launch the Safari.app and compare your results.

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

all known to cause issues on the macOS

if no insight or resolve:

—try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

since upgrading to Monterey 12.5.1, Safari keeps crashing within minutes of opening. I have cleaned all of the Safari cache and re-started several times, but the issue persists.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.