You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Optimized charging still not working after 3 months

I bought my new Macbook Pro M1 14" about 3 months ago. Some days I'm on battery and let it discharge to 40% or 50% while other days I'm at home so the device is plugged.

I just don't understand how this thing works. It always charges fully to 100%.

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 1:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 8:32 PM

arifaur wrote:

I bought my new Macbook Pro M1 14" about 3 months ago. Some days I'm on battery and let it discharge to 40% or 50% while other days I'm at home so the device is plugged.

I would not worry about. This is not an issue.

If you are exercising the battery with your usage pattern, then the software takes all that into account.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks— introduced back in macOS10.15.5

w/ silicon

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

The rule of thumb— if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability then run on battery only.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 24, 2022 8:32 PM in response to arifaur

arifaur wrote:

I would not worry about. This is not an issue.

If you are exercising the battery with your usage pattern, then the software takes all that into account.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks— introduced back in macOS10.15.5

w/ silicon

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

The rule of thumb— if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability then run on battery only.

Optimized charging still not working after 3 months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.