You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I bought the new MacBook Air M2, with the educational discount $150 off, I was charged that amount en my credit card, just that amount and not the total order value. I received an email from apple that indicates that I will get an gift card.

Hello,

I had a question with my recent order. I purchased the MacBook Air M2 with the college discount since im a student, and I would love to better understand how the educational discount works. Apple charged my credit card the discount value ($150USD -$210CAD) and not the total order amount. I then received a mail that said that I will receive a $150USD - $210CAD gift card.

Please can you explain to me how that works? looks like I get a $150USD- $210CAD discount and over that I will received an additional gift card of $150USD- $210CAD?

As a note I purchased it in Canadian dollars since I want it shipped there.

Thank you very much,

Bernarda Delgado

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 6:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 6:34 PM

They charge for the gift card and then when they ship the MacBook Air M2 they discount that billing by the same amount. They bill the MacBook Air when it ships. The total of the 2 billings is the price of the MacBook Air so the gift card is free.

1 reply

when I bought the new MacBook Air M2, with the educational discount $150 off, I was charged that amount en my credit card, just that amount and not the total order value. I received an email from apple that indicates that I will get an gift card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.