You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disconnect an iPad from my phone that’s controlling it

My SE is connected to an iPad that I do not use and is using my old iCloud account

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 12:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 1:39 AM

Your iPhone does not “control” your iPad. Both your iPad and iPhone may be signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID account - sharing this resource and the services associated with that AppleID account.

To stop using or accessing your iCloud account, you can simply sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services on your iPad is you wish to do so.

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Sign Out

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2022 1:39 AM in response to HaySis

Your iPhone does not “control” your iPad. Both your iPad and iPhone may be signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID account - sharing this resource and the services associated with that AppleID account.

To stop using or accessing your iCloud account, you can simply sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services on your iPad is you wish to do so.

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Sign Out

How do I disconnect an iPad from my phone that’s controlling it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.