You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased the US Gift card from the internet to redeem with my US Apple Account. Does it okay if I redeem it outside of the US? (Currently, I’m not in the US)

I purchased the US Gift card from the internet to redeem with my US Apple ID.

Does it okay if I redeem it outside of the US? (Currently, I’m not staying in the US)

Does Apple allow this or I need to get back into the US to redeem the gift card?

Thank you.

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 2:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 3:40 AM

Does it okay if I redeem it outside of the US

Sorry, is not OK.

See this Apple article:  If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card

If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

You can't redeem Apple Gift Cards or App Store & iTunes Gift Cards outside the country or region of purchase. For example, if you bought an App Store & iTunes Gift Card in France, you can't redeem it in the App Store in the United States.

Does Apple allow this or I need to get back into the US to redeem the gift card?

Yes, based on -> Apple Store Gift Cards -> Legal - Apple Store Gift Cards - Apple

Apple Store Gift Cards have no expiration date; however, Apple may amend eligible purchases and locations for redemption with appropriate and reasonable notice by updating the Apple Store Gift Card terms and conditions at Legal - Apple Store Gift Cards - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2022 3:40 AM in response to Nrnn

Does it okay if I redeem it outside of the US

Sorry, is not OK.

See this Apple article:  If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card

If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

You can't redeem Apple Gift Cards or App Store & iTunes Gift Cards outside the country or region of purchase. For example, if you bought an App Store & iTunes Gift Card in France, you can't redeem it in the App Store in the United States.

Yes, based on -> Apple Store Gift Cards -> Legal - Apple Store Gift Cards - Apple

Apple Store Gift Cards have no expiration date; however, Apple may amend eligible purchases and locations for redemption with appropriate and reasonable notice by updating the Apple Store Gift Card terms and conditions at Legal - Apple Store Gift Cards - Apple

I purchased the US Gift card from the internet to redeem with my US Apple Account. Does it okay if I redeem it outside of the US? (Currently, I’m not in the US)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.