You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

want to use old iPhone XS but passcode has changed to 6 digit, is there a default?

I want to give my old iPhone XS to someone else to use but when I turned it on the passcode changed to 6 digits and so far I've tried 123456, 000000, and 111111 and have not worked. Each time I try, the phone is locked for longer periods of time, I'm up to an hour. Anyone has this happened and if so, what worked for you? Thanks!

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 9:56 AM

There's no default. The phone's passcode is whatever you had set it. If you cannot remember you will have to follow the steps in If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

2 replies

want to use old iPhone XS but passcode has changed to 6 digit, is there a default?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.