You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Max lose sound quality when switching back/forth to Mac

I've noticed that sometimes when I switch my audio source back and forth from my Mac to my iPhone or iPad, when I connect back to my Mac, the quality of audio I get is lower, the bass is gone and my headphones sound tinny.

I've been able to fix the problem by going into the "Sound" System Preferences panel. Once there, I click the "Input" tab, wait for a second or so, and then click on the " Output" tab. Doing this sequence of events fixes the problem every time.

In the past, I had to reset the headphones to get the sound quality back to where it should be, but this saves me time.

Until Apple releases a fix for this problem, if someone out there is having the same problem, you can try this to see if it works as it has worked for me.

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 7:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 7:59 PM

pedrofromknoxville Said:

"AirPods Max lose sound quality when switching back/forth to Mac: [...]Until Apple releases a fix for this problem, if someone out there is having the same problem, you can try this to see if it works as it has worked for me."

-------

Inform Apple of this Fix:

Do your Part: Having recently found a fix, report this to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on this solution. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2022 7:59 PM in response to pedrofromknoxville

pedrofromknoxville Said:

"AirPods Max lose sound quality when switching back/forth to Mac: [...]Until Apple releases a fix for this problem, if someone out there is having the same problem, you can try this to see if it works as it has worked for me."

-------

Inform Apple of this Fix:

Do your Part: Having recently found a fix, report this to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on this solution. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

AirPods Max lose sound quality when switching back/forth to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.