You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID and home button not working

Hello there. suddenly "home button" and "touch id" stopped working. After 1-2 days it started working again, but now it stopped again. then i formatted the phone and it worked for a day and then it stopped working again. both touch id and home button are not working. every time i format it both works for 10-15 minutes. then it stops working. I am using ios 15.4.1 is this a known issue?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 12:08 PM

9 replies

Aug 28, 2022 3:26 PM in response to ömer25

ömer25 wrote: "battery capacity %100 and I think it is not original battery.."

ömer ~ If you didn't buy the iPhone from a reputable source, the battery is probably fake – one of the characteristics being its capacity is at 100% permanently. And a fake battery could be the cause of the Touch ID & Home button problems.

About genuine iPhone batteries

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Repair Provider Verification

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

Aug 28, 2022 3:50 PM in response to ömer25

ömer25 wrote: So it is not a software problem am i right?

It appears that you are right. (Otherwise there would be many more users here with the same problem.)

Then i do not any software update just appointment to repair service.

Correct. But bear in mind that Apple may regard your device as having been tampered with – and refuse to service it.

õ¿õ¬

Touch ID and home button not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.