You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails not syncing

I delete email on MacBook air and emails remain on iPad and iPhone. On all ne5works, msn, Gmail, aol, Verizon. How can I fix ? And can I get an answer that is not 4+ years old. These old responses provide solution Descriptions that are obsolete with instructions not showing up on my devices

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 11:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 1:56 PM

jcprx wrote:

I delete email on MacBook air and emails remain on iPad and iPhone. On all ne5works, msn, Gmail, aol, Verizon. How can I fix ? And can I get an answer that is not 4+ years old. These old responses provide solution Descriptions that are obsolete with instructions not showing up on my devices

old issue, new issue, what changed?

Are you signed in with the same Apple ID on your Mac...

Are these all IMAP acounts(?) designed to sync...

Pop accounts do not sync across devices.

You can try signing out of AppleID/iCloud and sign back in to jump start the sync

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2022 1:56 PM in response to jcprx

jcprx wrote:

old issue, new issue, what changed?

Are you signed in with the same Apple ID on your Mac...

Are these all IMAP acounts(?) designed to sync...

Pop accounts do not sync across devices.

You can try signing out of AppleID/iCloud and sign back in to jump start the sync

Aug 27, 2022 3:53 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for your timely response. Yes all 6 email addresses are IMAP. All 4 of my IOS Apple devices are signed in with the same Apple ID. The video was a nice refresher and reminder. My household has been Apple Mac users since the first egg in the 1970's and the original composer software for typesetting.

I did sign out and then back into iCloud on my iPad, as you suggested. Now the emails deleted on one device change from new to read states on the other device, the blue dot for new indicator is removed. If I sign out of the mail app and sign back in the deleted emails re gone.

So I guess that is the best fix at this time until the next update

Thanks again for your help

Emails not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.