You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music "Not added" folders in "Automatically add to Music"

Lordy. Music 1.2.5.7 seems to have a new feature that is driving me nuts.

When music that may already exist is added a second time to the "Automatically add to Music" folder, Music doesn't silently ignore the new files, or delete them. Instead it creates a "Not added" folder and then ENDLESSLY creates timestamped folders with the music files, rolling them from folder to folder until some undetermined timeout occurs. I have 770 such folders for just one add attempt.

Anybody seen this? Anyway around it?

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 3:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 9:34 AM

Robb,

Yes, I have seen it, and the creation of a series of "Not Added" files before one's eyes certainly ranks with one of the weirdest bugs ever.

As far as I can tell, "Automatically Add..." is currently broken in multiple ways. (See for example Flac files disappeared - Apple Community .) You may want to consider one of the other ways to add files to your library, e.g., right-click and Open With > Music.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 28, 2022 9:34 AM in response to Robb Allan

Robb,

Yes, I have seen it, and the creation of a series of "Not Added" files before one's eyes certainly ranks with one of the weirdest bugs ever.

As far as I can tell, "Automatically Add..." is currently broken in multiple ways. (See for example Flac files disappeared - Apple Community .) You may want to consider one of the other ways to add files to your library, e.g., right-click and Open With > Music.

Music "Not added" folders in "Automatically add to Music"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.