You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing of lighting effect of Portrait Mode in Photos on Macbook Pro Missing

Photos I'd shot in portrait mode (either with my iPhone or other's iPhone) were AirDropped to my MBP and imported to Photos. However, the function of changing different lighting effect of portrait mode cannot be found on the mac's Photos. I remember I was able to do so previously, Am I the only one having this issue? As well as portrait mode photos received from others on iPhone, cannot be adjusted in lighting modes, only the device that took the portrait photos with is still able to change to different lighting effect...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 1:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 11:42 PM

By the way, i’ve contacted Apple Care. We’ve found out that photos were Airdropped to other device, will make the changing option for lighting effect of portrait modd missing in Photos. Only transferring the photos properly via plugging in to Mac with cable or syncing directly with icloud will preserve the changing options.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 28, 2022 11:42 PM in response to xwllxw

By the way, i’ve contacted Apple Care. We’ve found out that photos were Airdropped to other device, will make the changing option for lighting effect of portrait modd missing in Photos. Only transferring the photos properly via plugging in to Mac with cable or syncing directly with icloud will preserve the changing options.

Changing of lighting effect of Portrait Mode in Photos on Macbook Pro Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.