You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and update

If my back up isn’t complete,and I update my iPhone,would I lose my informations???

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 1:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 1:15 AM

ScottNora wrote:

If my back up isn’t complete,and I update my iPhone,would I lose my informations???

Even if the update process shouldn't interfere with exixting data on your device, it's strongly recommended that you have a FULL backup created before updating your device.

Be aware that if something goes wrong during the update procedure and, consequentely, you need to restore data from a backup, you are at high risk.

Regards

Giulio

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 28, 2022 1:15 AM in response to ScottNora

ScottNora wrote:

Even if the update process shouldn't interfere with exixting data on your device, it's strongly recommended that you have a FULL backup created before updating your device.

Be aware that if something goes wrong during the update procedure and, consequentely, you need to restore data from a backup, you are at high risk.

Regards

Giulio

iPhone and update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.