You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens to my files in icloud (I'm using icloud+ ) when I change countries?

Does icloud count as a subscription? I'm trying to change countries on my apple ID. I've read that I should spend all of my credit and cancel all of the subscriptions. I remembered that I have a family shared icloud+ with loads of important files there. I was wondering if I'll still have access to my files once I've changed countries?

PS I've recently moved to a new country and bought a kettle here. The kettle has an app for remote control but I cannot download the app bc it's not available in my country.

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 2:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 8:05 AM

iCloud storage does count as a subscription. When you change the country, cancel the subscription in the old country, and then take out a new subscription in the new country. If you do so right after making the change, you should retain access to all your data.

The app isn't available in your current country or the country you are trying to switch to?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 28, 2022 8:05 AM in response to Foorgy

iCloud storage does count as a subscription. When you change the country, cancel the subscription in the old country, and then take out a new subscription in the new country. If you do so right after making the change, you should retain access to all your data.

The app isn't available in your current country or the country you are trying to switch to?

What happens to my files in icloud (I'm using icloud+ ) when I change countries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.