You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is apple charging me for nothing?

Hi, I just recently realized that my app store isn't allowing me to update apps due to my card not being linked to my apple id. Upon trying to add my card, apple shoots me a payment request for $8.52, it declines and I cannot add my card. I don't understand why they're charging me though? My debit card was already linked to my account and I have made plenty of purchases with it, now I'm having to pay nearly 10$ just to add my card, that's already on my account?! I've checked my wallet app, the reportaproblem page, etc, and there are no subscriptions or any purchases made for 10$, yet apple is attempting to charge me. It's pretty sick that a company who charges over a grand for a cell phone is also trying petty theft. I've tried everything and I can't stop Apple from charging my card, it's getting old.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 11:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 12:39 AM

Click here for more support and assistance.

1 reply

Why is apple charging me for nothing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.