You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeated Crashes - Catalina 10.15.7

Hi everyone .

My iMac (late 2013) is repeatedly crashing. Attached my EtreCheckPro Report. Any help diagnosing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 3:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 4:55 PM

When did you replace the stock drive with the Samsung EVO SSD?

I also see some weird stuff in the diagnostic section that I have never seen before.

At this point I can only suggest trying Safe Mode followed by a restart.

see > Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Then if that doesn’t help, then perhaps reinstating the macOS might.

see > How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2022 4:55 PM in response to JOCBIT

When did you replace the stock drive with the Samsung EVO SSD?

I also see some weird stuff in the diagnostic section that I have never seen before.

At this point I can only suggest trying Safe Mode followed by a restart.

see > Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Then if that doesn’t help, then perhaps reinstating the macOS might.

see > How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Aug 31, 2022 3:59 PM in response to JOCBIT

I suspect the hard disk portion of your Fusion Drive is failing which is causing the kernel panics. Please download the evaluation copy of DriveDX and test the Fusion Drive. If any errors appear, that confirms my hunch. As your computer is classed as obsolete, you can take it to an independent Apple Authorized Service Provider for repair or you can get an external SSD, clone the internal drive to the SSD and then use the external SSD as your primary drive.

Another option is to simply replace the computer, it is very close to 10 years old now and cannot run current versions of Mac OS. New Macs are considerably quicker than your 2013.

Repeated Crashes - Catalina 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.