You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete emails

I have lost all my emails from all my accounts how do I save them

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 3:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 1:13 PM

Hi giulio198,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

There's a page in the Mail User Guide with suggestions that may help: If emails appear to be missing in Mail on Mac

"If messages seem to be missing from mailboxes, try these suggestions.

• If you use more than one email account in Mail, make sure you’re looking at messages for the correct account.
  • If you sorted messages, they may be in the list but not in the order you expect.
  • If you use rules, they may have moved messages to other mailboxes. Try searching for the messages.
  • Check the account’s Recovered Messages mailbox, if available in the Mail sidebar.
  • Quit Mail, then reopen it.
  • If the problem persists, you may need to rebuild a mailbox."

You may also want to check to see if the emails are available on your provider's webmail portal through a browser.

Have a fantastic day!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2022 1:13 PM in response to giulio198

Hi giulio198,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

There's a page in the Mail User Guide with suggestions that may help: If emails appear to be missing in Mail on Mac

"If messages seem to be missing from mailboxes, try these suggestions.

• If you use more than one email account in Mail, make sure you’re looking at messages for the correct account.
  • If you sorted messages, they may be in the list but not in the order you expect.
  • If you use rules, they may have moved messages to other mailboxes. Try searching for the messages.
  • Check the account’s Recovered Messages mailbox, if available in the Mail sidebar.
  • Quit Mail, then reopen it.
  • If the problem persists, you may need to rebuild a mailbox."

You may also want to check to see if the emails are available on your provider's webmail portal through a browser.

Have a fantastic day!

Sep 3, 2022 4:03 PM in response to giulio198

Hey Micheal thanks for getting back to me it looks like I’ve lost all the emails that I had in my mailboxes thank you for the right answers and everything you describe and thanks for getting back to me you have a fantastic day too. i’ll have to be a little bit more careful when I go to all boxes and hit control all and then delete all…one glass too many while working what a dummy.

delete emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.