You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple celebrates 10 years of Apple Pay. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I enter my new debit card

How can I add my updated debit card

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 3:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 12:00 PM

Hello JoanneDorel,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

We see you posted this in the Apple Pay section, so check out the following information to see if this helps: Change or remove the payment cards that you use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

Update your Apple Pay card number and expiration date

With Apple Pay, your payment card has a unique Device Account Number used to process payments and an expiration date associated with that Device Account Number.

If your card expires or you otherwise get a new card:

• The card number and expiration date linked to the Device Account Number should be updated automatically. 

• If your card issuer doesn’t support these updates, you might need to remove the card and add it again.

If you're referring to the payment method used with your Apple ID instead of Apple Pay, check out the following resource instead: Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps with what you're looking to do.

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2022 12:00 PM in response to JoanneDorel

Hello JoanneDorel,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

We see you posted this in the Apple Pay section, so check out the following information to see if this helps: Change or remove the payment cards that you use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

Update your Apple Pay card number and expiration date

With Apple Pay, your payment card has a unique Device Account Number used to process payments and an expiration date associated with that Device Account Number.

If your card expires or you otherwise get a new card:

• The card number and expiration date linked to the Device Account Number should be updated automatically. 

• If your card issuer doesn’t support these updates, you might need to remove the card and add it again.

If you're referring to the payment method used with your Apple ID instead of Apple Pay, check out the following resource instead: Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps with what you're looking to do.

Have a great day!

How can I enter my new debit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.