You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get iTunes to work?

With the new "upgrade" I can't access the music I paid for from apple on my apple device! I gave up long ago on retrieving the CDs I downloaded - but this is serious BS. What's up with this. The instructions the system provides are not executable.

Mac mini, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 3:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 10:00 AM

If you are signed into your Apple ID in the Music app with an otherwise empty library then you should expect to see your unhidden purchase history in the iTunes Store, such that you might stream or download those tracks.

You can press and hold down Option when launching Music and then use the choose library option to open your old iTunes Lbrary.itl file and convert it to a Music library.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2022 10:00 AM in response to Your_updates_are_annoying

If you are signed into your Apple ID in the Music app with an otherwise empty library then you should expect to see your unhidden purchase history in the iTunes Store, such that you might stream or download those tracks.

You can press and hold down Option when launching Music and then use the choose library option to open your old iTunes Lbrary.itl file and convert it to a Music library.

tt2

How do I get iTunes to work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.