You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari keeps reloading for no reason

Running a 16" MBP, last Intel version that was made. Running 12.5.1 with Safari 15.6.1. Lately, for no reason I can explain, Safari has be reloading pages for no reason. If I click on + to add a tab. I go to the new tab, type a search request in the URL bar, I see results I like, I click on them and then Safari reloads to a blank page. Not what I clicked on but a blank page. If I do this action twice, it works the second time but never works the first time. This seems to get progressively worse the more I try to do this. It gets bad enough I have to reboot the Mac to make it useable. I don't use many extensions and I have tried disabling them to no avail.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 2:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 6:26 PM

See the 2nd part of the article.

Safari - Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 6, 2022 11:59 AM in response to Eric Root

I'm having a similar problem that started after the latest Safari and macOS Catalina Security Update 2022-005 today (15.6-->15.6.1 and 10.15.7, respectively). Safari windows reload on an endless loop. This is what has not worked so far:

1) Restarting Safari and the MacBook Pro

2) Removing Safari extensions

3) Tried using a private window in Safari

4) Removed Symantec Endpoint

5) followed the Safari article posted above

I'm running a 16" MBP 2019 and other browsers work fine. This has got to be something with the update, right?

Safari keeps reloading for no reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.