You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook mail stopped working with native Mail on iPhone

I have been using the native Mail and Calendar apps on my iPhone for the last couple of years to read my work Outlook email. All of a sudden it stopped connecting last week and I get the message asking me to enter my password. I do and it keeps asking me over and over. The University IT says they have seen it happen with new accounts, it is an apple issue and there is nothing they can do. Mine is not a new account. I had to set up TEAMS on my phone and this problem started shortly afterwards. Help I hate the outlook app and calendar. Is there a patch on the way?

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 5:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 12:46 AM

Go to the Security basics page and sign in to your Microsoft account. Select More security options. Under App passwords, select Create a new app password. A new app password is generated and appears on your screen.

Using app passwords with apps that don't support two-step-step verification ...

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2022 12:46 AM in response to EastVillage22

Go to the Security basics page and sign in to your Microsoft account. Select More security options. Under App passwords, select Create a new app password. A new app password is generated and appears on your screen.

Using app passwords with apps that don't support two-step-step verification ...

Sep 6, 2022 7:37 AM in response to SravanKrA

My university controls the account and password. It is for all of my access and I can not change the Microsoft account password. Starting last week, after using it for years, I am getting the error message "Enter the password for the Exchange account "XXXXXXX". When I do, it just keeps asking me for the password and does nothing. Everyone in a while it will connect for one time but then not connect again for several hours. The University IT says it is an known apple issue with new accounts and they can't do anything to help even though mine is not a new account. Now my apple calendar won't sync with my outlook calendar either . No understanding why after years it just started happening. I did need to install the Teams app on my phone. It is the only thing that has changed.

Outlook mail stopped working with native Mail on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.