You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple connecting to your macbook remotely.....And helper tools.....

I just read that apple will never connect to your device remotely. Is this true? I had an apple rep that I reached dialing the given number 2 times and they accessed my macbook remotely both times. Also I found this statement while searching for what helper tool is. I have found over and over that it is likely malware and it has happened many many times. I am not able to use an app often if i dont allow it access and I have for a long time suspected it may be malware of some type. Any insight from anyone?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 9:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 10:22 PM

Apple will only access your home screen or Finder after getting your consent during a service phone call. They will not connect remotely without your consent. As for the helper tool - are you using a VPN?

https://help.tunnelbear.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006839912-Why-does-TunnelBear-want-me-to-install-a-helper-tool-on-macOS-

It is not malware.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2022 10:22 PM in response to CMartinezFamily

Apple will only access your home screen or Finder after getting your consent during a service phone call. They will not connect remotely without your consent. As for the helper tool - are you using a VPN?

https://help.tunnelbear.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006839912-Why-does-TunnelBear-want-me-to-install-a-helper-tool-on-macOS-

It is not malware.

Apple connecting to your macbook remotely.....And helper tools.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.