You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracking my Iphone

I have lost my Iphone while traveling and have turned on the FindMy iPhone. It does not have data and therefore needs wifi to be able to get service. I am currently in another country from where I purchased the phone so while I wait to see if whoever finds my phone turns it on, I was wondering if the phone can be tracked if it loses all its battery/is not connected to wifi, and if so how? Any tips for tracking my phone would be greatly appreciated! I am in a new place and don't know what other actions to take.

Thank you so much!

iPhone 13

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 3:24 PM

3 replies

Sep 5, 2022 3:41 PM in response to Katana-San

Hi Katana,

Thank you so much! Luckily, I did turn on the lost setting, however, I am in a new country and my phone does not have a working sim in the country. I can see it was turned on a few hours after I had lost it but it has not been active since. I remember the battery was low so I'm worried it might run out of power. I was able to contact the police and they said they could track the phone knowing the IMEI number and if the phone gets a new sim from a cell carrier in this country. But I'm wondering if Apple is also able to help track my phone if I know the IMEI number even if the phone is off and has no working internet.

Tracking my Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.