You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t download App on mr App store

Please update my ios

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 7:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 7:27 AM

1. This is a user to user forum. As users we cannot update anything for you. Go to Settings->General->Software Update to update your device.
  2. What model of iPhone do you have? If it's running iOS 12.5.6 it is an iPhone 5s, 6 or 6 Plus and cannot be updated past iOS 12.5.6. It lacks the hardware to run anything newer than 12.5.6.
  3. If you need an app that requires a newer iOS version, then you will need a newer iPhone model.
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2022 7:27 AM in response to lyrical50

1. This is a user to user forum. As users we cannot update anything for you. Go to Settings->General->Software Update to update your device.
  2. What model of iPhone do you have? If it's running iOS 12.5.6 it is an iPhone 5s, 6 or 6 Plus and cannot be updated past iOS 12.5.6. It lacks the hardware to run anything newer than 12.5.6.
  3. If you need an app that requires a newer iOS version, then you will need a newer iPhone model.

Sep 7, 2022 7:25 AM in response to lyrical50

If you have an iPhone older than iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus you cannot update to iOS 12.5.6.

You can update your iPhone to iOS 12.5.6, the last security updates iOS 12.5.6 -> released August 31, 2022.

Available for: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus

Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update -> Download and Install.

Yes, most apps require iOS 13 or later.                                

Considering a newer type of iPhone?

Read  ⤵️

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

Apple Store -> iPhone - Buying iPhone - Apple

Apple Certified Refurbished

https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/iphone/iphone-12-pro

I can’t download App on mr App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.