You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Protective case for Macbook Air M1

Should we use protective case for Macbook Air M1? Would it affect the display hinges? If Yes, what are other alternatives to protect the device?

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 3:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
5 replies

Sep 7, 2022 3:48 PM in response to Fresher22

I would not recommend any kind of case that attaches to the computer. It may interfere with ventilation, it may damage hinges, and, depending on how it is attached, it may result in a broken screen.

Buy a padded sleeve to put the computer in when you carry it. If you don't also carry a larger bag that you can slip it into, get one with handles or a shoulder strap. Because this type of case is not tightly fitted, it will probably be useful on your next (and next) computer, unlike something purpose-made for a specific model.

I have a zippered neoprene sleeve that I've had for years. I put my computer in it and then into my messenger bag. I've never had a problem.

Protective case for Macbook Air M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.