You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Person on facetime seeing black screen when i screen share

Whenever I screen share, the person viewing my screen is met with only a black screen, does anyone know how to fix this?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 8:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 5:28 PM

Jimenezleslie Said:

"Person on facetime seeing black screen when i screen share: I just go to my Home Screen, photos, or just anywhere that’s not FaceTime my husband says he cannot see anything but a black screen. We use to even watch TikTok’s together and that does not work either ."

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

Try Swiping-Down from the top-right corner of your screen. See if that rids of this window. If not, I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop(because it was updating), or is simply frozen. So, if swiping down does not work, refer to the following... Try as Instructed here: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2022 5:28 PM in response to Jimenezleslie

Jimenezleslie Said:

"Person on facetime seeing black screen when i screen share: I just go to my Home Screen, photos, or just anywhere that’s not FaceTime my husband says he cannot see anything but a black screen. We use to even watch TikTok’s together and that does not work either ."

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

Try Swiping-Down from the top-right corner of your screen. See if that rids of this window. If not, I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop(because it was updating), or is simply frozen. So, if swiping down does not work, refer to the following... Try as Instructed here: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Sep 7, 2022 8:27 PM in response to Jimenezleslie

Jimenezleslie Said:

"Person on facetime seeing black screen when i screen share: Whenever I screen share, the person viewing my screen is met with only a black screen, does anyone know how to fix this?"

-------

Black Screen on Facebook:

What exactly are your sharing? A black screen typically comes up for copywriter content played in TV or Music.

Person on facetime seeing black screen when i screen share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.