You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the same problem as a 2012 Post: "force quit command option esc does not work in snow leopard/High Sierra"

I have had this shortcut issue for a month or so and I saw the same problem in 2012. BDAqua had a couple suggestions but PFlyer11 couldn't get the Force Quit shortcut to work either. I did check the Sys Pref-Keyboard-Shortcut-Keyboard and this shortcut wasn't listed either. I am running High Sierra.

Using the Apple dropdown-Force Quit does work.

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 8:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 9:24 PM

If we look at the Apple drop down "Force Quit Firefox" above there are 4 keys

But on this website the poster says to use 3 keys but their example shows using the Apple Drop down "Force Quit Chrome with the 4 keys (Added the Shift Key):

I have always used the 3 key method???

2 replies

I have the same problem as a 2012 Post: "force quit command option esc does not work in snow leopard/High Sierra"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.