You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should i worry about my Memory usage?

I have 8GB of ram, i mostly use chrome for my tasks. Though recently for some reason I have been bothered by that fact a few times my ram usage is 6.3GB out of the 8GB, though I take a look at the memory pressure bar and it is light green and it appears to be small.

Should I worry about my memory usage? I do keep a few apps open like steam, terminal, and iTunes while I use my Macbook. Does macOS manage the memory usage? Do i ever need to worry about the memory usage? The pressure bar is full green and appears to be okay. When i check for RAM info, Should the pressure bar be the one i should monitor?

I assume everything is fine because of my RAM capacity.

(IDK why this is not leaving my head, it's always been like this, but for some reason, i am worrying too much about it. That's why I'm here, to get some knowledge so I stop getting so worried.)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 1:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 1:43 AM

As long as the memory pressure remains green you're fine. You might consider using a different browser other than Chrome. It uses the most resources of any browser. Brave on the other hand is a chromium-based browser like Chrome but much more frugal when it comes to using memory and respects your privacy, unlike Chrome.

https://brave.com/

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2022 1:43 AM in response to Cyflor-N-Ac

As long as the memory pressure remains green you're fine. You might consider using a different browser other than Chrome. It uses the most resources of any browser. Brave on the other hand is a chromium-based browser like Chrome but much more frugal when it comes to using memory and respects your privacy, unlike Chrome.

https://brave.com/

Should i worry about my Memory usage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.