You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quick navigate to end of imovie timeline

Been trying to find a keyboard shortcut or even a button in iMovie 10.1.14 to navigate to the end of the movie. 18-minute video and scrolling is difficult and slow. There is a go to beginning key, but can't find any to go to end. Macbook Pro Catalina 10.15.7.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 6:49 AM

6 replies

Sep 8, 2022 8:58 AM in response to alandel

Here's another cool way to navigate the timeline. Use the j, k, and l keys. Tap the l key to move forward in the timeline. Tapping it repeatedly will increase the speed of the scroll with each tap. Tap the k key to stop. Top the j key to scroll backwards in the time line. Again, successive taps will speed up the scroll and pressing the k key will stop it.

This method works well when you want to speed back and forth through the timeline to get to places other than the beginning and end points. Also, it helps when looking for a particular frame or a clip in a longer timeline, or just to check your edits by scrolling through at medium speed.

-- Rich

Sep 8, 2022 8:10 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Thank you. Thank you.

The fn - left or right arrow is exactly what I was looking for. Interesting, I couldn't find it anywhere in any literature.

I have been using the slider, but knowing the z key helps.

Using Command - or + is nice.

I've only played with this application previously. This was my first full project, and it's been working out very well.

Again, Thank you. Thank you!

quick navigate to end of imovie timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.