You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update new version

How can I download a previous version of iOS software?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 6:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 10:51 AM

More information would likely help you get a better response..

You say 'could not install it', why couldn't you install it? What happens when you try?

Here is a user tip that may help with updating issues

Updating iOS: common issues and solutions - Apple Community

If your details are correct and you are running iOS 13, then you are at least 2 years behind with your updates. You may need to update using a computer.

Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2022 10:51 AM in response to Sarahvn

More information would likely help you get a better response..

You say 'could not install it', why couldn't you install it? What happens when you try?

Here is a user tip that may help with updating issues

Updating iOS: common issues and solutions - Apple Community

If your details are correct and you are running iOS 13, then you are at least 2 years behind with your updates. You may need to update using a computer.

Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

Sep 11, 2022 8:27 AM in response to Chris0107

When I tried to install, it said "Unable to install update - An error occurred installing iOS 15.6.1 - Retry/ Remind me later".

And I also tried following the instructure above (by connecting to a PC), I saw the Update button for iPhone but they required a newer version of iTunes. But when I downloaded the latest version of iTunes, I could not install it. It said: " "iTunes" has an invalid signature. It will not be installed." Thank you so much.

Update new version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.