You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove duplicate songs from a playlist

I'm not sure why Apple Music even allows you to add duplicate songs to a playlist but do any of you know how to remove duplicates from a playlist if they get added accidentally? Say I have a '2022' playlist with all my favorite albums of the year but I can't keep track of which albums I've added so I end up adding some albums twice.

I love how Spotify would always warn you if you're adding duplicate songs to a playlist so I hope this is a feature Apple Music will add soon.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 8:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 1:31 PM

I thought iTunes/Music did warn you if you tried to add the same track twice. Perhaps it doesn't do when adding in bulk. Use File > Library > Show Duplicate Items > Same Album to show exact duplicates and remove all but one track from each group of duplicates.

See Duplicate songs in iTunes/Music - Apple Community for more.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2022 1:31 PM in response to mmclain11

I thought iTunes/Music did warn you if you tried to add the same track twice. Perhaps it doesn't do when adding in bulk. Use File > Library > Show Duplicate Items > Same Album to show exact duplicates and remove all but one track from each group of duplicates.

See Duplicate songs in iTunes/Music - Apple Community for more.

tt2

Remove duplicate songs from a playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.