You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music and Itunes Match

I have both Apple Music and itunes Match - What happens if I cancel Apple Music but keep itunes Match? Can I still sync my music library across all my devices. I would like to be able to listen to my music from PC, Windows Laptop, Ipad mini, or iphone 8.

Thanks for helping me understand so I can decrease some monthly expenses during this inflation thing!

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 3:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 7:08 AM

If you cancel iTunes Match there would be no change at all. Apple Music includes all the features of iTunes Match. If you cancel Apple Music any of your music that comes from the Apple Music subscription service, rather than music that is purchased, matched, or uploaded, will become invalid. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. I would recommend you make sure that all of your media is downloaded to at least one computer, and ideally backed up to an external drive, before you change your subscription settings.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 10, 2022 7:08 AM in response to jkmusicmaker

If you cancel iTunes Match there would be no change at all. Apple Music includes all the features of iTunes Match. If you cancel Apple Music any of your music that comes from the Apple Music subscription service, rather than music that is purchased, matched, or uploaded, will become invalid. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. I would recommend you make sure that all of your media is downloaded to at least one computer, and ideally backed up to an external drive, before you change your subscription settings.

tt2

Apple Music and Itunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.