You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac iOS 10.15.7 connectivity with ios16

Currently running IOS 10.15.7 on my iMac.

My question is, when the iOS on my iPhone and iPad is updated to iOS 16 will there be a connectivity issue with two different iOS?

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 3:47 AM

5 replies

Sep 11, 2022 4:03 AM in response to Karen Hollyoak

iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max - Technical Specifications - Apple

System Requirements

Apple ID (required for some features)

Internet access17

Syncing to a Mac or PC requires:

macOS Catalina 10.15 or later using the Finder

macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 through macOS Mojave 10.14.6 using iTunes 12.8 or later

Windows 7 or later using iTunes 12.10.10 or later (free download from itunes.com/download)

would be odd for them to list requirements only to change them when ios16 gets an official release

Sep 13, 2022 1:24 PM in response to Karen Hollyoak

Well, I can tell you this much, iOS 16 will not connect to my iMac running 10.15.7 with the latest security update. I back up my iPhones to this computer so I can restore them when I buy new phones, OR if something gets corrupted. This is a FULL encrypted backup so it keeps all the passwords, etc. Anyway, when I first plugged an iOS 16 phone into it, the message came up that the computer needed to download a compatibility fix to talk to the phone (normal). Ever since then, it will try to connect and then it actually disconnects the phone (as in the power blips on the phone even). This is a brand new problem because Saturday I backed up the iPhone when it had 15.7.

Anyone know how to reinstall that "compatibility updater" so the Mac can access the new iOS version? I'm thinking that may fix the issue. Or maybe a terminal command?

iMac iOS 10.15.7 connectivity with ios16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.