You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scan documents functionality from mail app does not work

When I scan a document from my mail app and save it, it does not in fact appear in the email. I have the latest version of iOS and have restarted my iPhone multiple times. Any solution ?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 4:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 7:14 AM

Please scan using Mail app by taking the cursor at the bottom of the email body. Please see the pic below

You can scan a paper document and send it as a PDF.

1. Tap in the email where you want to insert the scanned document, then tap. ... 
  2. Tap. ... 
  3. Position iPhone so that the document page appears on the screen—iPhone automatically captures the page. ... 
  4. Scan additional pages, then tap Save when you're done.

More items...

Add email attachments in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2022 7:14 AM in response to hamburgerone

Please scan using Mail app by taking the cursor at the bottom of the email body. Please see the pic below

You can scan a paper document and send it as a PDF.

1. Tap in the email where you want to insert the scanned document, then tap. ... 
  2. Tap. ... 
  3. Position iPhone so that the document page appears on the screen—iPhone automatically captures the page. ... 
  4. Scan additional pages, then tap Save when you're done.

More items...

Add email attachments in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

scan documents functionality from mail app does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.