You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I adjust my child's settings on the iPad?

I am pulling my hair out with family sharing. We were given an iPadPro and decided to use it for our kids schooling. Here I am setting up content restrictions and I seem to have gotten myself into an inescapable loop.

> Logged in as my own iCloud ID

> Added my kids under family sharing (at this point I thought you could just easily switch users.... like on Windows... silly me)

> Added content restrictions; screen time, app use, explicit content etc

> Couldn't figure out how to "log on" as them to test it. Did some googling, discovered it has to be logged in to one person. Best bet, the youngest child's settings.

> Logged on to the youngest child's account (with restrictions)

> Tested it by going onto Safari, at 11pm. Up comes my time limit restriction; great! However, there is an "ignore" option. Not so great.

> Also tested content restrictions by searching something explicit in Safari. Up comes a thousand links to PHub, despite me having restricted content in the family sharing setup. Also not great, for an 8yo's account.

> Googled some more. Found out you need to have a setting toggled to "block when time's up" on the adult account to stop them just endlessly ignoring time limits.

> Went to swap back to my own account to change this setting... to find out log out (of child's account) is greyed out.

> Google again; discover you have to remove restrictions to allow them to log out.

> Try to log onto my account in browser to change the restrictions - but I can't. I have to be on an Apple device.

Here lies my issue... I only have this one iPad Pro.

How the **** can I adjust my child's settings?! The iPad is essentially useless right now because I am not allowing my 8yo unrestricted internet access

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 8:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 9:47 AM

Here's Apple guidelines for setting up Screen Time --> Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

additional material:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

How can I adjust my child's settings on the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.