You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 16 bug

after the new ios 16 software update my phone is hanging and I’m unable to close apps or even swipe up and the charging is draining out to fast. Any help? Can I downgrade to 15.7

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 2:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 9:08 AM

Hey i tried this on my iPhone Xr and it’s working perfectly fine settings>>accessibility>>touch>>turn on touch accommodations>>initial touch location>>swipe gestures>>standard

4 replies

Sep 17, 2022 6:58 AM in response to dure16

Same here. I was expecting some hiccups (as every year), but iOS 16 is particularly bad quality. I want to downgrade right now. Anyone know how?

In my case I get this after associating a Focus with a Lock Screen wallpaper configuration:

• Settings - Focus - pick one and delete
  • Now I see a frozen wheel on a black screen

what doesn’t work:

• reboot phone - Settings app still unavailable as a black screen with frozen wheel
  • swipe up - freezes the entire phone with a dark grey opaque screen, no further inputs accepted
  • press side buttons to lock phone, renders control back to enter home, but does not fix lost settings app

all the while the battery drain and temperature of the phone keep rising.

a hard reset also doesn’t recover the situation, really brilliant. I don‘t think Apple tests their product beyond software unit tests. 10 years a customer and it seems to just get worse year on year.

Sep 17, 2022 7:46 AM in response to dMindFuse

I figured this one out by accident!

A focus selected in the settings app crashes the settings app if you have removed from your device an app which you configured in the focus.

so in my case, I had removed the Reminders app (using 50GB for some weird reason that is not fixed yet). In 2 focus modes I have the reminders app added to permissible list.

when I reinstalled the app, the crashing stopped in the settings app.

not very robust software indeed, but the workaround helps.

Ios 16 bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.