You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Robotic Voice

After the WatchOS 9 update, the Speak Time function gives out a robotic voice and not the Siri's voice like it used to. Is this something that happens on a regular basis after an update and will it be fixed in the upcoming days or should I worry?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 3:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 3:32 PM

Try changing the order of languages in the apple watch app in your iphone in Setting --- General ---Language and Region and pick Custom instead of mirror iphone and move English to the top. I had the same robotic voice problem and solved it this way. Hope it helps!

14 replies

Sep 16, 2022 2:09 AM in response to playerone99

Unfortunately no I couldn't solve it.

But I spoke to some people from AppleSupport and they suggested that I should unpair/pair the device etc.

That was no help either.

So I spoke to them again, and apparently same problem happened to a lot of people after the WatchOS 9 update. They said they couldnt help with it right now, and that I should wait for an update.

So here we are, fingers crossed...

Sep 18, 2022 2:04 AM in response to playerone99

I had the same problem and and found a solution which worked for me.

In Siri’s settings I downloaded and changed Siri to an another voice on my device.

Then I came back to the original voice, and Siri responded with his correct voice on my Apple Watch Series 7.

However, I found this problem when I do some exercises, and I didn’t test it in those conditions yet.

I’ll tell you that after my next run 😉

Apple Watch Robotic Voice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.