You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of my pictures are on my wife's phone and hers are gone.

I have an iPhone SE and my wife has a new iPhone 12 which

are on the same ATT account. This morning while on her phone she said that she

had pictures that she didn’t take and when she scrolled back up, it was all of

the pictures that were on my phone and all of hers was gone, they are still on my phone as well.  She did a screen shot of one of the pictures and

it said, “uploading 1 picture” and then it appeared on my phone as I was watching my phone. She then

deleted it and it also was deleted from my phone as well. We did that again with

the same results.

Any ideas of what has happened and how to correct it? Any suggestions for a “DUMMY”?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 4:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 9:57 AM

Hello ~ Are you sharing an Apple ID or did you sign in to her iPhone using your Apple ID? You are not a dummy at all…just someone with an issue. Take a look here as well…

Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

~Katana-San~

9 replies

Sep 13, 2022 9:56 AM in response to pls60

Don't share Apple ID's. That is the #1 cause for data loss and confusion between 2 parties. You are also technically violating Apples terms of service when it comes to Apple ID by sharing it with others, but that's neither here nor there. So, photos got all wonky and jacked up... really sorry to hear that. Before I can give you much more info to work off of and get to trying to solve the snafu a bit, can you verify that you are in fact using the same Apple ID under settings at the top of the menu, as well as checking the status of items like iCloud backup and iCloud Photo Library on each device. Knowing which of the services you were using and if there are recent backups might help a little bit. Not making any promises though. (EDIT): for both devices

Sep 16, 2022 7:32 AM in response to Katana-San

OK, got an ID for my wife's phone and also did the family sharing. So, before I destroy everything that I have done so far, I thought that I would check with you as to retrieving her pictures from I suppose icloud. I have saved all the pictures that are currently on her phone, but I haven't deleted them yet.

Sep 17, 2022 7:24 AM in response to Katana-San

Even though I have extra Apple storage for $0.99 a month I usually

back up our phones   to my laptop about once a month using a Wireless

Transfer app. The pictures that she was concerned about was the important ones

that had been taken since the last time that I backed them up to my computer. I

ventured a little out of the realm of my expertise this morning and checked iCloud

and as far as we can tell most are probably there with a few of mine intermingled

in. :) I want to again give you a BIG thank you for leading me in the right direction in order to take care of my predicament.

Lamar

All of my pictures are on my wife's phone and hers are gone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.