You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound from HomePod

I am having issues with my iMac 2021 and Homepod Mini.

I can play music and sound from my iPhone 12 to the Homepod Mini, or even get it to play on its own. But no sound when I ahve connected it to my iMac through Airplay.

I connect it though settings, sound and click on Airplay and then the Homepod. The Homepod then lights up.

I can use the pause on the Homepod to start and stop a video, but I just don't get and sound from it.

When I look in the Home app on the iMac it shows that the Homepod is playing, when I connect back to the iMac speakers it shows it as paused.

I have 2 Homepods and this is the same with both of them

Any ideas appreciated

iMac 24″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 11:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 2:21 AM

I ended up resetting the Hopmepod and the connecting it as new. It worked for a while, but then went back to how it was.

It seems to happen when the iMac goes to 'sleep' and the screen locks while I am aware for some time.

I reset the Homepod again. If I change the output from the Homepod back to the iMac, when I have finished using it as an output. Then connect it again when I want to use the Homepod, I have not had any issue over the last 24 hours.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2022 2:21 AM in response to Vancouver22

I ended up resetting the Hopmepod and the connecting it as new. It worked for a while, but then went back to how it was.

It seems to happen when the iMac goes to 'sleep' and the screen locks while I am aware for some time.

I reset the Homepod again. If I change the output from the Homepod back to the iMac, when I have finished using it as an output. Then connect it again when I want to use the Homepod, I have not had any issue over the last 24 hours.

No sound from HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.