You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've been paying monthly for Apple TV . However, now I cannot access a program because it won't let me sign in. It says "Play Free Episode" and Sign Up Now. How do I get what I am paying for!?

How do I get access to my subscription to Apple TV+? All of a sudden it doesn't recognize me. I cannot sign in, as Apple is assuming I am a new customer.

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 11:33 AM

On what device is this happening?

Verify that you are (still) signed in with the Apple ID account that has the Apple TV+ subscription.

Do verify the active status of your subscription. See your subscriptions overview - Apple.

2 replies

Sep 15, 2022 11:39 AM in response to Stefaniak3614

Also, what show are you trying to watch?

Apple TV+ (the service) includes access to all Apple-originated materials.

Apple TV (either the app or the black box you connect to your network and TV) acts as a streaming device capable of centrally aggregating content from multiple streaming providers (Apple TV+, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, HBO, etc., etc. etc.) It does not automatically include subscriptions for these other third-party streaming services.

Therefore, while AppleTV may show previews and trailers for shows on other services, you won't be able to view the whole show unless you have a subscription for the respective service.

Identifying the show you're trying to watch should help identify the service provider.

I've been paying monthly for Apple TV . However, now I cannot access a program because it won't let me sign in. It says "Play Free Episode" and Sign Up Now. How do I get what I am paying for!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.