You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t edit change my wallpaper from the lock screen

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 5:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 7:58 AM

Hello Damienbeck,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with changing your wallpaper from the Lock Screen. Have you already followed the steps in the resource at the top of the page under the section titled "Change your wallpaper from the Lock Screen":

"Change your wallpaper from the Lock Screen

1. Make sure that you previously set up Face ID on your iPhone. To change your wallpaper from the Lock Screen, Face ID must clearly see your eyes and the areas around them.
  2. On the Lock Screen, touch and hold your Lock Screen to open your wallpaper gallery.
  3. To select a wallpaper you already created, swipe left and right. To add a new wallpaper, tap the Add button .
  4. You can rotate between wallpapers you create from the Lock Screen in iOS 16.

From the Lock Screen wallpaper options, you can also tap the Focus button to link a Focus to a specific wallpaper, customize existing wallpapers, or swipe up on a wallpaper and tap to delete it.

If you can't use Face ID to change your Lock Screen, touch and hold your Lock Screen until the Customize button appears. If the Customize button doesn’t appear, touch and hold the Lock Screen again, then enter your passcode. "

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2022 7:58 AM in response to Damienbeck

Hello Damienbeck,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with changing your wallpaper from the Lock Screen. Have you already followed the steps in the resource at the top of the page under the section titled "Change your wallpaper from the Lock Screen":

"Change your wallpaper from the Lock Screen

1. Make sure that you previously set up Face ID on your iPhone. To change your wallpaper from the Lock Screen, Face ID must clearly see your eyes and the areas around them.
  2. On the Lock Screen, touch and hold your Lock Screen to open your wallpaper gallery.
  3. To select a wallpaper you already created, swipe left and right. To add a new wallpaper, tap the Add button .
  4. You can rotate between wallpapers you create from the Lock Screen in iOS 16.

From the Lock Screen wallpaper options, you can also tap the Focus button to link a Focus to a specific wallpaper, customize existing wallpapers, or swipe up on a wallpaper and tap to delete it.

If you can't use Face ID to change your Lock Screen, touch and hold your Lock Screen until the Customize button appears. If the Customize button doesn’t appear, touch and hold the Lock Screen again, then enter your passcode. "

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.