You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Backup Never Works?

I have had 4-5 Apple Watches over time and have never successfully had a back up over iCloud ready to go when I need it. My hardware is always updated. My software is always completely updated. All settings and configurations are properly set to backup. Never has worked once.

In my latest attempt to figure this out before my new iPhone 14 arrives, I just wiped old Watch backups from previous in my iCloud with the curiosity if Apple limited the number of backups available. My backups were several years old and happened sporadically. The last backup happened on the day I received my Apple Watch Series 7.

Once I tried that, I manually backed up my iPhone again and there's no watch backup to be seen!

I don't want to wait until I unpair my Apple Watch and then re-pair it to a new phone for it to back up. Because that hasn't worked consistently for me either.

Every time I get a new Apple Watch/iPhone I end up having to set up my Apple Watch as new.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 9:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 9:41 AM

This isn't a miracle cure but what I do is make an encrypted backup of the phone in Itunes on a computer very regulary,then if something goes awry then I just restore the backup back onto the phone,this allows me to experiment and research different things with the watch which I do quite regulary and should anything get messed up it takes 10 minutes to get back where I was before it happened.

In 5 years of owning various watches I can honestly say that I haven't lost a single byte of data.

I haven't mentioned Icloud because I don't use it,it's not reliable enough for me.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2022 9:41 AM in response to GTRCA

This isn't a miracle cure but what I do is make an encrypted backup of the phone in Itunes on a computer very regulary,then if something goes awry then I just restore the backup back onto the phone,this allows me to experiment and research different things with the watch which I do quite regulary and should anything get messed up it takes 10 minutes to get back where I was before it happened.

In 5 years of owning various watches I can honestly say that I haven't lost a single byte of data.

I haven't mentioned Icloud because I don't use it,it's not reliable enough for me.

Apple Watch Backup Never Works?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.