You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom Domain Issue: Deleted Custom Domain from iCloud, but It Keep Showing on iCloud Mail of Mac and iOS

I was deleted my custom domain from my iCloud, but the email address is still showing on my iCloud and Apple Mail for iOS and Mac.

I called Apple Support 2 times ago, but nobody called me back to solve the issue.

I want to use Apple Mail on my iOS and Mac devices, but the email address keeps showing on my Apple Mail.

The email address I created on my iCloud has been switching to another hosting provider, when I want to use the same email address on Apple Mail, Apple Mail continuously detects it as the email address I was creating on my iCloud when I want to send an email by Apple Mail.

Can Supports help me to solve the issue? I want to use Apple Mail, but the issue forced me to use another mail app.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 1:41 AM

5 replies

Sep 20, 2022 2:47 PM in response to victor2868

Hello, victor2868.

To start us off, please take a look at this article that explains the proper steps to creating, using and deleting those emails: Create and delete email addresses for a custom domain on iCloud.com - Apple Support.

If the issue persists, check this article as well: Stop using a custom domain on iCloud.com - Apple Support.

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Sep 20, 2022 9:08 PM in response to Gena_D

The custom domain has been removed from my iCloud, but the email address that I created from the custom domain I was added to my iCloud persists, and I'd tried to add the custom domain again to my iCloud and remove it again, but the email address couldn't be removed.

I have called Apple Support and told to them what issue I facing now, but the issue hasn't been solved until now.

Sep 21, 2022 7:55 AM in response to victor2868

I want to inform those who have the same problem as me.

If you have removed your custom domain from iCloud and already switched to another email hosting. You have to switch back your custom domain to iCloud from your current email hosting, then add the same email address as the one in problem, then delete the email address again, the email address will be deleted.

Custom Domain Issue: Deleted Custom Domain from iCloud, but It Keep Showing on iCloud Mail of Mac and iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.