You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil not working even when connected

I just got the 1st gen apple pencil today for my 9th gen iPad and even though I've connected it the pencil doesn't work. I've already tightened the top, restarted the iPad, disconnected and connected the pencil multiple times as well as turned off/turned on bluetooth. It shows it's connected and shows me the battery percentage of the pencil as well (100%). I've also already looked in general settings to see if it was actually connected and it is, but for some reason it won't draw or do anything when I use it on the screen.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 5:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 2:18 PM

Some Home screen finger gestures do not work with the Pencil.

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad - Apple Support

Sorry.

And you need to find Apple Pencil compatible apps to use with yout Apple Pencil

Here is my Apple user tip like to a comprehensive, but incomplete list of Apple Pencil compatible apps

Apple Pencil Compatible Apps (incomplete … - Apple Community

Best of Luck to You!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2022 2:18 PM in response to sunsetsweet

Some Home screen finger gestures do not work with the Pencil.

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad - Apple Support

Sorry.

And you need to find Apple Pencil compatible apps to use with yout Apple Pencil

Here is my Apple user tip like to a comprehensive, but incomplete list of Apple Pencil compatible apps

Apple Pencil Compatible Apps (incomplete … - Apple Community

Best of Luck to You!

Apple pencil not working even when connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.