You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sluggish gameplay/ slow frame rate on iPhone 14 Pro Max

Loving my new iPhone however, it is a theme across all my games (2D space shooter games Winwing, Galaxiga, Wind Wings) Gameplay is sluggish like if the game is supposed to be 60 FPS, it is 40-50 FPS. Playable, but visually noticeable. Obviously, iPhone 14 Pro Max is more than capable of running these games to perfection so not sure if it is a software fix or something else. I don’t think it’s the games themselves as all three having the exact same problem all at once would be quite small. I hope this is a software fix and wondering if anyone else has a similar issue? Also, is there a way to tweak the screens refresh rate? I know you can reduce it in accessibility but can you do anything else?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 6:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 6:13 PM

Best contact the third-party app vendors for assistance with achieving the best available app frame rates.

2 replies

sluggish gameplay/ slow frame rate on iPhone 14 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.