You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TextEdit how to EASILY format text with Strike Through?

I've recently upgraded my OS to Monterey from a much older version.

The new TextEdit app no longer has a 'Styles' pull down menu button on the document's menu bar (it used to be located at the far left of the menu bar next to the FONT pull down menu with this symbol: ¶˅ ).

This new version of TextEdit no longer has the style pull down menu and neither is 'Strike Through' offered as a simple menu bar button to click.

Please don't tell me there's no FAST & EASY way to access this text formatting feature without going through a labyrinthine journey through the menus and sub menus of this program each and every time I need to use it.

Q. #1) Is there a way to set up a clickable 'Strike Through' button on the menu bar at the top of the document window?

Q. #2) Is there a way to add a 'Styles' drop down menu on the document menu bar (not ideal but better than going through a deep detour into the menus and submenus to access this edit.

Q. #3) Is there a way to configure a key command to make selected text 'Strike Through'?

Thanks a bunch for any help with this.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 9:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 9:41 AM

For the ¶ button, did you try making the document window wider?

Here are Apple's instructions regarding strike through and other formatting:

Format with fonts and styles in TextEdit on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

TextEdit how to EASILY format text with Strike Through?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.