You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not move face circle in Photos

After clicking on the "+" symbol in the info window of a photo, it appears in the center of the pic but I can not move the circle over the face or anywhere. When trying to drag the circle a thumbnail of the pic appears and it seems to want to move that.

The circle can be deleted but not moved.

I have quit out of the app, and have rebooted the iMac to no avail.

Photos 7.0, MacOS 12.6

iMac 24″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 12:21 PM

This seems to be a common problem. For me, if I type the name (or just click in the box) first, and then grab the circle, I can move it. Some say that click on the picture someplace other than the circle and then they can move it. For me, this problem seems to come up at unpredictable times, and it works as expected most of the time.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2022 12:21 PM in response to Flyingdp

This seems to be a common problem. For me, if I type the name (or just click in the box) first, and then grab the circle, I can move it. Some say that click on the picture someplace other than the circle and then they can move it. For me, this problem seems to come up at unpredictable times, and it works as expected most of the time.

Can not move face circle in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.