You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best way to sync my Mac Pro 16 and my apple air??

I would like to leave my Pro 16 at home but use the lighter Air while traveling. Suggestions?

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 12:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 1:23 PM

Not complete. For example, it doesn't sync all of of your System Preferences; or if you are using a browser other than Safari, it doesn't sync them (but Chrome for example has its own sync options). If you install an app on one device, it does not sync that install to other devices.

You can sync Photos, files (including everything in your Documents folder if desired), Notes, Reminders, Calendar, etc. Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud to get an idea of the sync options that you can turn on or see What is iCloud? - Apple Support

Syncing is simple as it is automatic once turned on but understanding it before you decide to set it up is not as simple.

The most complicated to understand may be syncing files via iCloud Drive (including the Data & Documents option within iCloud Drive). The following may help:

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac, iPhone, and iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2022 1:23 PM in response to randyfromwoodstock

Not complete. For example, it doesn't sync all of of your System Preferences; or if you are using a browser other than Safari, it doesn't sync them (but Chrome for example has its own sync options). If you install an app on one device, it does not sync that install to other devices.

You can sync Photos, files (including everything in your Documents folder if desired), Notes, Reminders, Calendar, etc. Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud to get an idea of the sync options that you can turn on or see What is iCloud? - Apple Support

Syncing is simple as it is automatic once turned on but understanding it before you decide to set it up is not as simple.

The most complicated to understand may be syncing files via iCloud Drive (including the Data & Documents option within iCloud Drive). The following may help:

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac, iPhone, and iPad - Apple Support

Best way to sync my Mac Pro 16 and my apple air??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.